AKILARIA 40 RC2
>> Photo gallery
- Architect : Marc Lombard
- LOA : 12,19 m
- Beam : 4,496 m
- Draft : 3,00 m
- Displacement : 4500 kg
- Water Ballasts : 2 x 750 liters
- Engine : 29 HP NANNI diesel
- Sterring system : central tiller and 2 rudders
- Construction : Infused vinylester glass sandwich
- CE Certification : category A
- Compliance: Class 40
The AKILARIA 40 RC2 is manufactured in a female mould.
The hull is sandwich infused with foam balsa fibreglass vinylester in the bottoms and foam fibreglass on the platings.
The deck is infused vinylester fibreglass foam sandwich.
All internal structures such as transverse and longitudinal bulkheads are in infused fibreglass foam sandwich.
The floors are monolithic infused vinylester fibreglass from a female mould. They are glued to the floor of the hull with PLEXUS (methacrylate adhesive). This material guarantees a mechanical as well as a chemical bonding.
The deck is also glued to the hull with PLEXUS. Stanchions bolted through the hull/deck bond complete the connection.
All internal layouts are made up of composite material: chart table, galley.
Each piece is systematically weighed during the building of the boat.
Safety on deck
A stainless steel pulpit, 2 stainless steel lateral push pits, a central push pit, with a double row of stainless steel lifelines all the way round, supported by 4 stanchions on each side.
The stanchions are in stainless steel tapered at the top with a support leg.
A LEWMAR LP54 survey hatch is fitted on transom.
Wichard pad eyes in cockpit and on deck to secure the life lines. (These are not provided).
The cockpit was designed to optimise ease of manoeuvring and to facilitate navigation with a reduced crew and single-handed sailing.
The central tiller is fitted with a SPINLOCK telescopic tiller extension. The main sail sheet traveller is fitted on a transversal composite support.
The steering positions are recessed into the deck to optimise ergonomics.
Foot chocks on the cockpit floor provide footholds during manoeuvres. The cockpit is self-draining.
A double door inside access allows a central support where clutches and two winches are fitted.
Water Ballasts and ballast system
Two No. 2 type SOFOSCOOP bailers, electrical filling pump, sliding water gates.
750 l water ballast tanks divided into 250L (located in fore cabin) and 500L (located in aft cabins). Each ballast tank is fitted with a clear watertight inspection hatch and a vent to the deck.
Ballast switch and sliding water gate opening systems are fitted in the cockpit under the panel.
The mast, the boom and the bowsprit are autoclave prepreg carbon made.
Mast is a brand new profile with two sets of spreaders. It is fitted on deck on an anodised aluminium plate. The gooseneck fitting is attached with wound carbon, the masthead is also carbon made.
The bowsprit is side adjustable and has a rectangular section to avoid side flex.
The bowsprit orientation is made by a curved rail fitted on deck. There are ropes going back to the cockpit to optimise bowsprit adjustment.
Rod standing rigging including on each side: 1 V1 V2 D3 vertical rod on turnbuckle, 1 diagonal rod 1 on turnbuckle, 1 diagonal rod 2 on turnbuckle, 1 diagonal rod 3’ on turnbuckle.
The main forestay, inner forestay and two sets of backstays (lower and upper) are textile made.
Winches are made by HARKEN or ANTAL depending on the owner’s choice (see deck drawing):
- 2 x 44-2ST on the central cockpit support
- 1 x 44-2ST and 1 x 48-2ST on each side of the cockpit edges
All the blocks, turrets and cleats are HARKEN or ANTAL.
Clutches are SPINLOCK and the stainless steel pad eyes are made by WICHARD
System designed and built in cooperation with JP3.
Central tiller on false stock and bearings, transmission to the rudders by aluminium rudder bars with ball and socket joint. 49 mm diameter rudder stocks in F16PH in the rudder profiles.
The rudders hang beneath the hull and are made out of female moulds. The stocks are mounted on self-aligning JP3 ball bearings.
The rudder bars are fitted with reverse pitch to ease adjustment
The keel fin, made from hi-modulus steel, and the lead bulb are manufactured by Lemer.
The fin is finished off in the yard with PVC foam, fibreglass and Epoxy.
Particular attention is paid to the finishing of the profile.
NANNI 29 HP diesel engine sail drive on a composite chassis integrated into the hull structure.
Engine compartment is ventilated by forced ventilation which is activated as soon as the engine is switched on.
Engine panel with rev counter in aft starboard cabin SPINLOCK Gear lever fixed to cockpit side on portside.
53 L diesel tank is under the cockpit behind the engine compartment.
Propeller is Gori Racing folding twin-blade.
- 1 extra 150A Balmar alternator to charge 2 12V 120 V service gel batteries,
- 1 BALMAR MC-612 booster regulator,
- BEP 12v electrical panel with 2 x 8 circuit breakers and battery controller,
- 3 battery isolation switches,
- 1 12V socket on chart table,
- Red white HELLA LED ceiling lamp with dimmer in central cabin and sail locker, red/white LED chart reader, watertight LED lighting in engine compartment, technical compartment and in the rudder system area situated behind the watertight bulkhead,
- LED navigation lights: 1 red and 1 green on pulpit at the level of the high lifelines, stern light on central push pit,
- Optolamp three colour LED light and anchor light on mast head,
- LED deck light on mast.
Large sail locker opening onto the deck with a LEWMAR LP 60 hatch.
250 litre water ballast fitted with a clear watertight manhole on the sides.
Battery compartment on the floor of the hull in front of the mast bulkhead.
Double companionway with hinged doors.
One step stair to facilitate entry and exit.
Central chart table with vertical 180 deg. revolving electronic panel.
3 chart table seat positions: 1 in line with the boat, 1 portside, 1 starboard.
Removable seat for portside and starboard positions.
Electrical panel above the revolving electronic panel.
Central galley with stainless steel sink, 1 gas gimballed burner
Storage compartments on the outsides of the back platings.
500 litre water ballast on the platings fitted with two clear watertight hatches.
Access to engine compartment via hatches on the longitudinal bulkheads.
Access to technical compartment via openings in the longitudinal bulkheads.
53 L diesel tank in the technical compartment.
Flush plastic through hulls with a quarter turn valve.
42 L water tank.
Cold water through hand pump tap.
Two bilge pumps, one electrical, one manual.
Drainage strainer on a mobile hose stowed on a reel behind the engine compartment.
A convertible transport cradle facilitates the keeled boat being transported in its high position and the boat being transported or stored without its keel in its low position.
Boat delivered without electronics, without lines, without standard rigging and without safety equipment.
Options – Prices excl. tax:
- Price excluding taxes, delivered in France (La Trinité sur Mer)€ 234 500
- VAT @ 19.6%€ 49 962
- Price including all taxes€ 280 462
These documents are non contractual and the yard reserves the right to change the equipment described and the specifications of the boat at any time and without notice.
- Fitting of stanchions, pulpit and push pits, keel, rudders, mast, launching, starting-up engine€ 4 850
- Hull preparation: primer, anti-fouling, fluorescent orange on the appendages€ 2 800
- Epoxy version€ 48 500
- Category 0€ 12 400
- Engine on shaft (only for epoxy version)€ 1 850
- Movable rudder (only for epoxy version)€ 14 800
- Keel optimisation (additional 150 kg of lead in the keel fin, finer bulb)€ 9 700
- Frame bunker pack (2 aluminium frames with fabric and adjusting tackle)€ 572
- Marine WC pack and foul water tankon quotation
- 2 Lewmar T2 cockpit vertical portholes€ 620
- 2 Lewmar LP 00 roof top portholes€ 605
- Running rigging installed and pulleys on lashing€ 9 500
- Antal traveller kit, GV halyard sheave shackle on pulley, 3 D barber ring Solent jib sheet€ 2750
- Karver KF 5 furler with Navtec anti-torsion stay€ 4 910
- Facnor furler with Navtec anti-torsion stay€ 5 008
- Karver KF 2 large furler including the snap shackle and the rope pulley€ 1 700
- Line holderson quotation
- Mooring kit 6 flat fenders and 40 metres of flat warps€ 410
- Hull colour in adhesiveon quotation
- Electronicson quotation
- Sailson quotation
- Delivery to Tunisiaon quotation